Don’t worry, you are not the only one with this issue. iOS 9 update has major issue which hundreds and thousands of users are reporting which won’t let you turn on the phone. Amidst the upgrade process, the iOS device asks users to slide the to upgrade. And you are stuck with that! There is no way you can slide to update as the touch doesn’t respond in that specific screen. This is an article on ” Turn Off Find My iPhone solution for Slide to Upgrade iOS 9 “.
This is what many users including me had to face! While trying to slide “Slide to upgrade”, the text just doesn’t slide! It is caused due to the fact that there was corruption in your update OS (i.e. iOS 9.0.0). This is what apple had to say to solve the issue.
Use these steps:
- Connect your iOS device to a computer that you’ve previously synced with iTunes. Then make sure iTunes is open.
- Select your device. If you don’t see it listed, force restart your device by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- If you made an iTunes backup of your device before updating to iOS 9, restore your device from that backup. If not, you need to make a backup of your device in iTunes, then restore from that backup.
If you still see the Slide to Upgrade screen after completing the steps above:
- Restore your device. If you don’t see your device in iTunes, or your computer won’t trust your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until your device restarts and appears in iTunes. When prompted, choose Restore.
- After the restore is complete, set up your device as new.
This will be resolved soon in an upcoming iOS update.
While for many people, this will work, but for most of you who don’t have any backup, this is a bit of an issue! Also, while trying to restore from a backup, you may face another issue. iTunes will prompt you to ” Turn Off Find My iPhone” to restore. And there is no way to do it. The only way you can turn off Find my iPhone is going to the settings of your iPhone and turning off Find My iPhone from there! Since you can’t access the settings in your phone, you are locked!
Some websites including Apple says you can turn off Find my iPhone remotely but it doesn’t work at the moment, at least doesn’t solve the issue you are facing.
Also read: BEST PREMIUM IPHONE 6S FLIP COVER CASES
The only way, I found to solve this issue is by putting your iPhone in recovery mode and connecting your phone to iTunes. From there, you can factory reset your phone and you are good to go. Unfortunately, you will lose all data, settings and apps from your phone! If you have backed up everything in your iCloud, you will be recover most of your data!
P.S. : If you haven’t updated to iOS 9 yet, we recommend you to wait for a while! Thanks for reading this post! Stay tuned and stay updated!